Babysitter with years of special needs experience
Hello! 🙂 My name is John and I have been a Special Education Teacher for Fairfax County Public Schools working with students who mostly have either an emotional or learning disability for over five years. I have experience working with ages four and up and I do not have any experience with children under the age of four. I would describe myself as a goofy, energetic person who loves to be silly and make people laugh. If you ask any child to describe me, they would most likely say that I am the type of person who really gets to know each child individually and pick up very fast what interests them and try to learn more about it so they can have someone to talk to about it, as we all know parents love to hear non-stop about Disney Channel shows ;).
Every babysitter is unique and brings something different to the table. I have experience, where some don’t, with children with difficult behaviors. I understand that finding a babysitter who understands how best to deal with your child, whether it be Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome etc is difficult, and I pride myself with my years of experience to create a fun, positive and safe environment for your child/children while you are enjoying a stress free time.
Please note: Unlike most babysitters, I am not in high school/or college. I am in my late 20’s.
- Do you have your own car? Yes
- Are you comfortable with pets? Yes
- Do you smoke? No
- Desired rate: $10.00 - $12.00 per hour
- Rate increase per additional child: $1.00
- Miles you're willing to travel for work: 20
- Children comfortable watching at a time: 3
- Caring for special needs? Yes
- Caring for infants? No
- Caring for twins? Yes
- Helping with homework? Yes
- Years experience: 4
- Experience with age groups: Grade School (6 to 11 years)
Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
- Willing to care for sick children? Yes
- Short notice? No
- Daytime during summer months? Yes
- Before school? No
- After school? Yes